What The Bible Says about…
WHY DO YOU NEED TO BE SAVED?
- Because Jesus said so and He is the greatest authority in the whole world...John 3:3,
"Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
- Because He came for that reason ... Luke 19:10, "For the Son of man is come to seek and to
save that which was lost."
- You are a lost sinner and need to be saved ... Romans 10:10, 11, "For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” For
the scripture saith, “Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed."
HOW YOU CAN BE SAVED?
You must believe. To believe means to put trust in, to place full confidence in what God says.
- What God says about you. You are a sinner and need to be saved. Romans 3:23, "All have
sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Eccl. 7:20, "For there is not a just man upon
the earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not."
- You must believe that Christ died for you in your place. I Peter 2:24, "Who his own self bare
our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto
righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."
- You cannot be saved just by sincerity. Proverbs 14:12, "There is a way which seemeth right
unto man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."
- The reason these works cannot save you is because God has said that someone must die
for our sins. Hebrews 9:22, "And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and
without shedding of blood is no remission."
- You must believe that only Christ can save you. John 14:6, "Jesus saith unto him, I am the
way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 10:9, "I am the
door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture."
- Acts 4: 12, "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under
heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."
- I Timothy 2:5, 6, "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man
- II Corinthians 5:21, "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might
be made the righteousness of God in Him.
- I Peter 3:18, "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he
might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit."
YOU MUST BELIEVE THAT YOU CANNOT SAVE YOURSELF!
- It is not by works. Ephesians 2:8, 9, "For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of
yourselves: it is the gift of God."
- Titus 3:5, "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy
he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost."
- Isaiah 53:6, "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned everyone to his own way;
and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all."
- You cannot be saved by church rites, or baptism, or confirmation. Jeremiah 2:22, "For
though thou wash thee with nitre, and take thee much soap, yet thine iniquity is marked
before me, saith the Lord God."
YOU MUST RECEIVE JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL SAVIOUR
- It is having Christ in your heart that saves you ... nothing else. I John 5:11, 12, "And this is
the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the
Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life."
- You get the Son by first believing and then personally asking Him to come into your heart.
John 1:12, "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of
God, even to them that believe on His name." Galatians 3:26, "For ye are all the children of
God by faith in Christ Jesus."
- Jesus said in Matthew 11:28, 29, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and
I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in
heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls."
- John 5:39, "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they
which testify of me,"
- John 6:37, "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me: and him that cometh to me I will
in no wise cast out." II Corinthians 6:2, "For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted,
and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time;
behold, now is the day of salvation."
What does the
Bible say about ...
|5475 East FM 1187 Burleson, TX 76028 682-667-0480 firstname.lastname@example.org